2016 is officially upon us! A new year means a fresh start with new and improved strategies and goals, right? If you haven’t already reflected on the success of your organization’s 2015 customer experience objectives, now’s a good time to do so, to see what worked or didn’t, and how to better strategize in the coming year for better results.
Some questions to ask your self are:
- Did you achieve the level of customer engagement you’d hoped for?
- What worked and what roadblocks did you encounter?
- Can your technology stack adequately handle your existing and future needs?
- What new strategies and projects should be on your roadmap this year?
Lesson From the Holidays
The holiday season might be over, but there’s a lot to be learned. In the midst of the season, people were faced with busy schedules as they tried to squeeze in last minute shopping in between holiday parties and travel plans.
Today’s consumers move at a faster pace than ever before, performing tasks on-the-go on mobile devices, and with online shopping rates at an all time high. The challenge for brands is to keep up and stand out from the digital noise.
More consumers are doing comparison shopping between competitors, and the ability for a brand to deliver the right content at the right time through the right device can be the determining factor between winning or losing out on a customer.
The holiday season was a prime example of how critical it is for businesses to incorporate a big data strategy into an overall customer experience strategy to optimally capture the attention of today’s consumers. And this isn’t just limited to retailers or the holiday season specifically, but really applies to any business that can benefit from deeper customer engagement. Ultimately, your goal as a brand is to empower your customers to purchase through whichever channels that suit their needs by helping to move them along their customer journey.
It’s Time to Leverage Your Data
At the same time, the holidays in itself also presented a data goldmine with a wealth of valuable behavioral data for businesses to collect, analyze, and leverage to make better business decisions! Imagine if a travel company knew from previous behavioral data that a specific customer traveled to somewhere warm for the holidays every year and could target them with relevant travel offers? This would more likely result in a purchase vs. sending generic offers that may or may not align with the customer’s interests.
Rivet Logic’s Data Services Practice is focused on helping our customers make better and smarter decisions through deeper data insight, allowing them to keep up with evolving user demands and increasing data volumes. Our full suite of data services solutions include:
- Enterprise Data Hub – Provide a single view of the business
- Analytics Platform – Gain insight into data to make real-time decisions
- Customer Identity Platform – Collect, analyze and personalize the customer experience
- Mobile Infrastructure – Build a mobile app that’s flexible and scalable
- Product Catalog – Flexible and responsive to cater to evolving business demands
- Content Management and Discovery – Manage, discover and surface content for the user
In 2016, it’s time to rethink how to drive deeper engagement with your audience – through better tracking of the customer experience, delivery of personalized contextual content, maximizing the effectiveness of your campaigns, optimizing your business operations, and ultimately increasing your sales and revenue.
Learn more about Rivet Logic’s Data Services solutions and how it can help your business in our datasheet.